Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Good morning!  Well life has been interesting getting into the swing of things.  There really hasn't been any snow here since we moved here, until this morning.  It's gone now but when we woke up this morning there were about 2 inches of snow on our patio stuff.  Though I'm sure I should be excited to see snow (since it's been about 6 years!) I was less than thrilled for the implied temperature that comes with snow.  Regardless it was nice to see for a few minutes before we climbed back into our snuggly-warm bed to talk in the warmth.  There isn't alot to report yet.  Rob has had his first full week of classes and I can officially say, being a seminary wife means not seeing your husband very much!  He has lots of work, reading, papers and learning how to get back into the swing of school.  It's an adjustment, as everything is but we will make it!  I'm getting ready for my first job interview in about 2 hours.  I'm nervous and unsure but I hope and pray that after the time spent interviewing today I will know better what I am to do and want to do.  Please pray for me about the job situation, that the right ones comes.  

For now I wanted to at least give you an idea of what our place is like.  It's still got some things out of place because we have a pile of things we are going to sell, but overall it's nice and homey.  Now I get to do the fun part of decorating and painting things :)  I love trying to be creative!  Anyway, so here's what our little place looks like for now. 

 This is our little kitchen.  I really like the counters and all the pretty things though it's taking some adjusting as there are many less cupboards than our previous space.

 We have an eat-in kitchen which fits our table nicely, though we can only have 2-3 chairs at it.  We use the other two chairs at the bar on the other side of the sink.

 This is our living room, complete with my wonderful red couches!! So glad I can have those back finally!
 Our apartment is a townhouse style so the livingroom/kitchen is downstairs and bedroom/office upstairs
 Our bedroom, the good view.  You don't wanna see my side of the room...
And the office.  We originally were going to have a bed in here too but for the time being we are going to just have the couch, chair and desk while we figure out what we want to do.  Still have room for guests, they just get the pullout, which is surprisingly comfortable!

3 comments:

  1. definitely thinking/thought of you today about your interview! i'm sure all went well! :)

    i LOVE the pictures and the new place! looks like you really are all settled in! what a great job you've done in such a sort period of time! now, like you said, the fun part = spending hours on pinterest and making whatever you pin your own! happy decorating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to see pictures!! Looks great! Can't wait to see what you do with it. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the new place- it looks great!

    ReplyDelete