Thursday, January 2, 2014

6 months...a couple weeks late

So I have been on a major blog vacation, so sorry about that.  Things have just been really hectic the last couple months and I have not really felt like getting online and writing, or honestly having much to say.  I am going to try and work on that in this new year.  I am woefully introverted and really need to stretch myself in the social arena.  Nevertheless, during my hiatus my precious girl had her half birthday so I thought I'd let you know what's new with her.
  

6 Months!



 


We didn’t get to do anything super exciting for your half birthday as mommy got food poisoning from lunch that day.  We did have so awesome house guests for the weekend.  Mommy and Daddy’s friends, Laura and Mandy came to visit us for a few days from Florida.  I think that your Christmas more than made up for it though!  Over the last month you have learned to sit up completely independently, you “creep” or what mommy calls “worm” to get yourself around and are very fast at it.  You really are enjoying the ability to transition from sitting to crawling and back.  It often preoccupies you and so at times you don’t move very far because you insist on sitting and then crawling and then back over and over again.  You had your first road trip for Thanksgiving. 

Happy Thanksgiving!


 We went to Pensacola, where grandma and grandpa Ozburn and aunt Kristen live.  It was a wonderful trip and you got to go to the beach for the first time!  It was really cold though so you weren’t all that excited about it. 




  
We got to stay at a beautiful hotel on Pensacola Beach because grandma and grandpa’s house is in the midst of a kitchen remodel and their furnace wasn’t working.  Momma was in heaven!!  Views of the beach and sunshine!  It was the most wonderful thing for me.
 
View of the sunset from our balcony
 You have decided that you want to get into absolutely everything and so are exhausting your momma for sure.  You absolutely love people and are such an extrovert!  You are certainly the opposite of me but that’s all right.  I think you would be happy if you were always in a crowd of people and are happy to let just about anyone hold you.  You are talking so much and every day I think there are new sounds you have discovered.  We started a little bit of food before we left for Thanksgiving and I am trying to be consistent with feeding you regularly now.  Its not always easy because you aren’t eating at the same time as we are yet to it takes some extra effort.  You have loved the Christmas tree and particularly love to pull the bottom branches down and let them fling back up.  This has caused all of the ornaments that mommy strategically placed on the bottom to need to be moved as they all have hooks and would be dangerous for you to get a hold of.  It’s a learning curve for you and mommy and daddy.  Baby proofing is always in flux as there are new things you discover that seem like fun but in fact are not for you.  You are growing so fast and seem to want to always be bigger than you are.  I often have to remind myself that your only 6 months as I often think your ready to take over the world!  Mommy and Daddy love you so much and honestly don’t know what we would do without you in our lives.  You are such a joy and pleasure to parent.  You are almost always happy and content and remind me to enjoy the simple things in life a little more. 
I love you, monkey!                    
Momma

Christmas and New Years were also a wonderful time but I will write a separate post about those.  Hope everyone had a fantastic holiday and were able to spend it with the people you love!! 


Becky

No comments:

Post a Comment