Tuesday, August 27, 2013

And like that, the new semester begins

Well, we had an eventful and exhausting summer.  We went cave hiking, on a babymoon, had a baby, had grandma visit for a couple weeks to help with the baby, made 3 trips to Michigan and at least 3 trips to Cincinnati as well, had aunts visit to meet the baby, grandma and grandpa Ozburn visited to meet the baby, moved to a new house we are almost fully closed on and now finally things are going to settle into a bit of a routine.  I feel a little exhausted even talking about it!

The highlights of course of our summer were the birth of our wonderful daughter and the subsequent family visits to meet her.  It was so nice to have my mother here with us for a couple of weeks helping out and playing with Alythia.  It was so much fun also to have my sister-in-laws up for a weekend to spend time with us, meet Alythia, and really see our world for the first time.  We had such a wonderful time with them, I hope we make it a regular habit of spending time together as just the kids.  My mother and father-in-law also were able to make it up last week and it was such a joy to have them here.  They were so delighted to have some time with their very first granddaughter and I can already tell she is going to be a bit spoiled by her grandparents!  But, after all, what are grandparents for?!  They were able to be here for just 3 short days but it was precious time to be able to spend with them just hanging out and it was so wonderful for me as a momma to see Alythia with her grandparents.

it's a little blurry but it's so hard to get one with mom's eyes open
Grandma O was so enamored with her beautiful granddaughter, it made my heart so happy.  We were able to spend a day with them on campus and they attended chapel and one of Rob's classes.  As always, we wish we had more time with them, but are so grateful for the time we did get.  

We have entered another semester of seminary life now and with is comes the realization of how quickly time is flying by.  We are already into our 4th semester here!  I cannot believe that there is only this and two more until we are done with the MDiv.  This of course does not mean we are done with school but that this has gone by so quickly is something that still shocks me.  We have decided to see if we can make it work to allow me to stay home full time with Alythia for at least this next semester and have Rob work.  Thankfully, because of the internship he is participating in at Kenwood, he is only required to take two classes this semester.  After the 5 he took last semester I am ready for the change of pace.  I am truly loving my time with our daughter and am looking forward to being able to be more hands on and present in the next few months as well.  I am going to be taking one class in the Seminary Wives program studying a survey of the Old and New Testaments.  I am really looking forward to this class as it is taught by two seminary professors and should be more like a traditional class; notes, quizzes and the like.  I was concerned with needing to put Alythia in the child care in order to take classes but Rob will be home on Thursday evenings which will allow me to go and for her to maintain her schedule.  This certainly is a relief as I'm not sure I'm ready for her to be in childcare and I also really don't want her schedule disrupted one night each week just because I want to take a class.  I'm looking forward to seeing what I will learn over this next term.  God is so good in the way he provides for us, even in working out little things like timing for something we want to do.  What a privilege to study God's word alongside my husband as we prepare for what lies ahead for us.  I am often overwhelmed when I think of the graciousness of the Lord to allow us to spend time here learning and growing in our faith and in the knowledge of His word.

~Becky

No comments:

Post a Comment