Saturday, March 2, 2013

25 Weeks... Better late that never, right?


So I was actually 25 weeks last Tuesday but I figured I would fill you in on the week anyway.  It still counts till the week officially rolls over, right??


There's officially a bump!  I finally have something, even if it's little, to show for all the sickness and hormonal changes that this darling little girl has caused me.  (sorry that i always seem to be in my PJ's when we get around to taking a picture).  It's been a pretty good second trimester and I've really enjoyed having the reprieve from sickness and other such things.  She is a very active little girl, that's for sure!  She has decided to begin making room for herself up under my ribs and into the area my stomach used to occupy.  Not only does this make eating an interesting new tasks as she does not let me eat much at one time, but I now also randomly feel a little foot kicking the inside of my rib cage.  There truly is no way to describe this feeling to someone who has not experienced it.  Suffice it to say, it's very strange!  I'm thankful that she is active though as it tends to lessen my tendency towards anxiety that there is something wrong.  As long as I wait a little bit, each something sugary or refuse to go to the bathroom, she will start moving around and relieve my fears that something might be wrong.  I guess I'm just a little too worried about it but there is so much I don't know and so much going on I have no control over that it makes me a little nervous.  I'll be happy for her to come out and then I will be able to look at her and know she's doing fine.  

So we have started making some decisions on the nursery and the housing issue.  We have decided, at least for the time being, to stay in our current apartment and attempt to do some serious rearranging to make everything work.  It will be a little tight but we just can't find the right place and I don't want to move again after this next time so it's really got to be perfect cuz we will be there for quite a while most likely.  We went  to IKEA and purchased her crib and the nightstand for the nursery.  

It's certainly not everything we will need but it's at least a start so I can put things up and start visualizing what I want to see the room transform into.  It's hard to design and create when you have absolutely nothing to start with.  I am very happy with these purchases and will hopefully be getting her dresser soon.

On another note, this whole nursery thing has really shown me how indecisive I can be.  I was all set to make her bedding because I hadn't found anything that I really loved and the things I at least liked where ridiculously expensive.  I'm certainly not going to spend a ton of money on something my child is most likely going to pee on and spit up on.  It's not worth it!  So I had picked out the fabric and was gathering up the courage to actually buy it and start working on it, when I came across the most beautiful bedding set on a design website.  I scoured the internet for the set and discovered that it was from PB Kids, way out of my price range, but it was on clearance.  Only problem with that is that it also was not available from the website or my local store, so I worked with the lady at the store and we located all but one piece at a store in Cinncinati.  The final piece was listed as very limited stock in the warehouse but she went ahead and ordered it for me, hoping that it would be fulfilled and I could get all the pieces I need.  I am still waiting to see on the final piece, but we picked up everything else today.  It was 50% off what it originally would have cost!  I'm so excited and I think if it all works out it will be my little slice of heaven.  The theme or her room is changing to be a beach house feel with sea shells, canvas totes, distressed wood art work and the works.  My mind is already off and running designing this little paradise in the middle of landlocked Kentucky.  It will remind me of home.  At the risk of this not working and having to start from scratch again, here is the bedding collection that I am crossing my fingers will come together.  
Beautiful beachy Hawaiian feel

This is the whole set together (not the boy one of course)
I'm just waiting on confirmation that the quilt will ship and then we will be all set to go.  I already have a lot of other pieces picked out to complete the room.  If only there were no budget in the world! ;-)  What did people do without the internet...  Well I guess that's about it for now.  

(PS. I'll do the survey for next week)

~Becky

No comments:

Post a Comment