Wednesday, March 13, 2013

27 weeks! only 90 days left...yikes!

Well I'm officially in the last week of the second trimester and I cannot believe how fast this is going!!  She seems like she must be growing like a weed in there with all the room she is trying to take up, but it certainly is making me want her to come out very soon!  I look forward to the day that my insides do not attack me at will with punches, kicks and headbutts.  She certainly does not let me forget she is there though!!

















how far along: 27 weeks
total weight gain/loss: +8 from first dr. visit (I guess I must have had a heavy dinner last week)
circumference at belly button
: 34 inches
how big baby is
the size of a rutabaga (I'm guessing that's for weight) 
                                       13.6 to 14.8 inches long and 1.5 to 2.5 pounds






maternity clothes
: no but the jeans are getting a little snug, going to move to leggings soon as maternity pants are too big
stretch marks: nope

sleep: better this week.  Only up 1-2 times per night for the bathroom but able to sleep a little better, that is when little one isn't deciding it's wake time.
best moment this week: getting her bedding in, all of it, and getting some other pieces for the nursery!
movement: all the time!  She is starting to really push on the outside of my stomach not just kick so you can feel different body parts when she's doing that
food cravings: sugar, sometimes soda
gender: GIRL!
labor signs: Nope
belly button: in but I did notice that it's more out than I have ever seen it
what i miss: Pregnancy: feeling in control of my stomach and my bladder

                             Non-pregnancy: the sun and warm weather
what i am looking forward to: My trip to Florida in April and our baby shower.  Figuring out where we are officially going to be living.  We can't make up our mind so please pray with us that something will open up and be exactly what we need at the price we need.


On to other new...
We officially have a complete set of bedding!  I'm so excited that the nursery can officially begin it's development in real life and not just in my head and on pintrest boards.  We got the quilt in on Friday last week and I then proceeded to start ordering some of the accessories for the nursery.  We got the rug, storage bins and wall hooks in yesterday and should be getting some art work in today or tomorrow.  My vision is starting to take shape and I just love it!!  It's a beautiful little pink, beachy oasis and there isn't even paint on the walls yet.  I'm not sure if there will be paint as we need to settle on a home for sure before I put that kind of work into something.  Right now I'm thinking maybe painting it a blueish green with stripes on one wall and the rest solid.  We shall see.  It will all need to come together and then I can tell what will look right.  For now, here is what the room looks like, or at least the pieces that we just got it look like together.

I'm still working it all out but I think it will look nice when it's all finished. 

~Becky

1 comment:

  1. love LoVE LOVE the pics!! and the update in general. so good to know what's going on, even with you not being here. wish we weren't separated by distance, but this is the next best thing! i have NO IDEA what i'm going to do when she's here and i can't meet her!!

    and i'll be on the lookout for a giant stuffed turtle!

    ReplyDelete